Innovative Molecular Graphics
QuteMol is an open source (GPL), interactive, >high quality molecular visualization system.
QuteMol exploits the current GPU capabilites through OpenGL shaders to
offers an array of innovative visual effects. QuteMol visualization
techniques are aimed at improving clarity and an easier understanding of
the 3D shape and structure of large molecules or complex proteins.
- Real Time Ambient Occlusion
- Depth Aware Silhouette Enhancement
- Ball and Sticks, Space-Fill and Liquorice
- High resolution antialiased snapshots for
creating publication quality renderings
- Automatic generation of animated gifs of rotating molecules for web pages animations
- Real-time rendering of large molecules and
protein (>100k atoms)
- Standard PDB input
- Quick installers for Win and Mac OS X (intel) (new!)
- Support as a plugins of the NanoEngineer-1 the modeling and simulation program for nano-composites (new!)
The PDB molecules can be seen in space fill, stick and
licorice versions at present. But the realism and the
ability to save in multiple resolutions is what I liked
the best in this program.
By O Krishnadev (NS Group)